Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ramona the Brave By: Beverly Cleary

I was given this book as a Christmas gift by my fifth grade teacher, Mr. Allison. I still have my copy, signed by my teacher (I actually have several books that were given to me by teachers). I have read this story numerous times as well as the others in the Ramona series. I have read them myself as a child, with my students and with my daughter. Ramona is to the children of the seventies what Junie B. Jones and Judy Moody are to the children of today. And even though they have been with us for awhile these stories are not dated. The experiences and emotions Ramona shares with us in the book stand the test of time. Her character makes you love her. Whether she is pulling out every last tissue from the box, squeezing an entire tube of toothpaste into the sink or making kitty faces in her Q we cherish every chapter. Ramona is here to stay.

No comments: